Friday, January 28, 2011

Slowly going crazy...

This morning my wonderful, amazing husband got up with the kid while I lounged about for another couple of hours. I read a few chapters in my book, even caught a few more hours of shut eye, accompanied by a fun, silly dream. Then I had to get out of bed, so I came in to get some breakfast. I was quickly reminded why, even after the adorable greeting Rachael gives me in the morning, I love to stay in bed. I have currently been up and about for 1 hour, and have heard the word, "MOM," I kid you not, 387,957 times. Ugh. Some of you with sweet little babies lying in their bouncers or swings may think, "I can't wait for when my child calls me mom." Yes. You can.
Here is our usual conversation:
*Rachael sitting, playing with a toy. This morning, it was Sebastian sitting on a starfish.*
"Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom...." (You may be thinking, "Why not just answer her?" Because sometimes I hope I'll get lucky and she'll forget she wanted to show me something for the 34,598 time that day...) "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM. MAAAHHMM!!"
"What?!"
"Weeeh..." In a nice, sweet voice of an angel while holding up Sebastian. (And no, I have no clue what she means...)
"Yeah... cool..."

Welcome to my world, people, welcome to my world.

6 comments:

Cortney said...

oh my gosh i laughed so hard at this post because i know how much it annoys you! and thanks to your charming daughter my own daughter has decided to pick up on this habit. she doesn't do it as much but i figure its just a matter of time haha oh great!!! jk i love that she wants to show you EVERYTHING she does! she's a cutie

Brooke Bennett said...

I so know how you feel..... and to think I'm having baby #4 in a few months. Obviously I haven't learned my lesson.

Lisa said...

oh jake is totally in that stage too, where he wants to show me EVERYTHING. my mom said they won't grow out of that until they're like 6 years old. but the question is, why don't they do it to daddy?

Kristin said...

You crack me up. That's all I'm sayin'.

Stefani said...

I remember when Kelsi said, "t's 'at?" (what's that?) con-stant-ly! Serenity NOW!

Unknown said...

K this is so funny! love it