Monday, January 24, 2011

Skirt to Dress

I've been having some struggles feeling good about myself this pregnancy. Its just what happens, and it doesn't help that my hair is hideous! I've been wanting some new maternity clothes, especially things to wear to church, but apparently I'm too tall for anything. I decided the other day to make myself a skirt, dang it, because nothing else looks good. It turned out really cute, only problem is... it fit yesterday and probably will never fit again. (Not to mention the skirt had to go on from the top down... I probably need a measuring tape...) So even though I looked cute at church once, I decided to put the skirt to better use by... turning it into a dress for Rachael! I love, love, love it!! It still needs some tweaking and altering, but I'm very pleased and very happy my hours of cutting and sewing didn't go to waste. Please don't ask me how to make this, because it was hard and very time consuming. She wasn't in the mood for pictures even though a treat was offered. Its probably because her hair isn't done... sorry.

7 comments:

Clarissa said...

HOLY!! You are good at sewing!! Uh when is that going to happen to me?? ..maybe I should get a sewing machine.

Brooke Bennett said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! So cute and fun!

Melanie and Curtis said...

How clever Erin. It is so cute. Way to be so creative!!!!

Bret and Britni said...

Oh my LANTA!!!!!! Cutest thing EVER. You're amazing. I might hate you.
Okay, I don't. But DANG you're good at EvErYtHiNg girrrrrl!!!! :)

erin said...

you seriously made that? amazing!

Unknown said...

You are so creative! I love both the skirt and the dress!