Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
1. We're having an Easter Egg hunt this Saturday. I'm excited to see how Rachael responds to it, if she'll catch on and what not.
2. I'm dressing Rachael in her SUPER cute Easter dress, bow, and socks this Sunday. I can't even describe the cuteness of this outfit. I'd best find my camera so you can all gaze upon her cuteness.
3. Nate and I are planning an amazingly fun adventure for our third anniversary on April 14th-ish.
4. Nate's little sister, Celeste, is getting married on April 23 in SLC and we get to see some good friends from NYC who are also coming to SLC for a wedding.
5. Nate's brother and sis-in-law from North Carolina are going to be here for that!
6. Heidi (N.C. sis-in-law) and her three kids are staying out here for about a month and we're planning some serious road tripping, just us girls (and Lincoln)
7. I'm going to a VIP concert of Carrie Underwood at the end of May with two of my best friends/cousins, Britni and Stephanie in Las Vegas. Woot!!
8. With summer coming, my family gets all a-buzz about our trips to Canada. I'll either be going up with my sister for a few weeks or my parents for a little longer. There has even been talk about one of my oldest and truest friends going with us, which would be AMAZING! (For reals, Kris, you gotta come...)
9. Nate begins his LAST YEAR of schooling at SUU with In-State tuition!! Hopefully we can find a place that we can live in for one year straight.
10. Along with that place to live, I get my couches back! I love my couches!!
*Bonus* Tomorrow is my last day at Iceberg. I'm done with it, and I'm ready to start spending all of my time with my little stink bug (that's what I call Rachael cuz she really is a stinker, but still pretty cute. I like this little nick name I've picked for her)!
I'm going to try to focus on the positive for the next while, thanks for sticking with me through all of the clouds!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
We have a plan. Nate has a job. The only bad part about it, we're going backwards. We're going back to Rexburg so Nate can work at Lone Pine Nursery and we'll live with his parents. On paper it looks like a fine idea, but I still just feel unsettled about it, like this isn't what we should be doing. I go though stages, I talk to Nate about it and its all good, but then I think about all of the ramifications and I seriously get depressed. I've never been like this, up and then down, then up and down. I'm usually a very happy person, not one to mope around. Nate did get into SUU, but we need to find out about getting in-state tuition because if that doesn't happen, SUU doesn't happen. Realistically, it would be so stupid if we don't get in-state tuition because I freaking grew up in this state and only left to go to school. We think we can get tuition, but we won't be able to find out for sure for who knows how long. We also hit another road block when we found out that Nate has to take 2 more classes to start the Accounting program, and 3 to do the double masters. So dumb, why didn't anyone tell us? He'll be doing those online through BYU-I. Nate has been saying that hind sight is 20 20, but if we had known about these classes we could have stayed in our little apartment in Rexburg and Nate would still be getting paid to go to school. In my ideal world, we would still move to Cedar City, Nate would find a temporary job until school starts and we would have our own place (in a TRULY idyllic world it would be the scholarship housing SUU offers students, free rent of our own place would be amazing!) and stay there for over a year, a feat we have yet to accomplish in the nearly three years we've been married. To get really personal, the thing that has really been tugging at me is my intense desire to have another baby. I'm getting emotional just typing these words. Even if nothing works out the way I want, I just want to have my own space to have my own family's life back again. I'm just so tired of wandering, of wondering, and of wishing. (I promise I didn't plan on that to be alliteration, those words just describe my life right now.)
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Nate's older sister, Melissa, came down and stayed with us for a few nights while she was in town to get a scholarship. It took Rachael a little while to warm up to her, but she definitely did in the end. Here is a cute little video of them playing at lunch time. Thanks for all the fun times, Melissa!!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
*Disclaimer* Rachael does NOT usually just sit around and watch DVDs all day, although I am very thankful that she will watch a movie whenever I need her to.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
*sorry no pics for a while, I lost the cord to connect it. what else is new...*