Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
The really weird thing is she didn't have a fever and she had been her normal happy self all day yesterday and is happy today so I know its not the flu... oh, being a mom.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
It was one year ago today that I created you, and you have been a fantastic buddy. Keeping all of my peeps up to date with the goings on in the Russell family, it can't be easy work because we move a LOT! You have followed us to our adventures NYC, North Carolina, all over Utah, and of course, Idaho. I just wanted to say thank you for always being willing to upload pictures or simply let me vent. I look forward to the next year with you and all of the new adventures we will have. I need to experience a blurb with you (I think thats what its called, your future destiny of becoming a book). You're a good buddy.
10. You have several board books memorized, very handy if you ever need a poem about the alphabet or forget your animal sounds
9. People understand (or they SHOULD) if you look like garbage on occasion (although I personally try to avoid that, but hey, it happens)
8. Naps, although I hear those go down significantly when you have a second child.
7. If you have a toddler you always have snacks on hand, be it pretzels, crasins, marshmallows, whatever... very handy.
6. You get to practice your singing nightly while keeping up with your favorite primary songs, with no judgment attached (unless your husband is listening at the door, haha, but even thats OK cuz he loves your voice too!)
5. People love to do stuff for you, especially if you are pregnant.
4. You lose weight (well... some do. Most do if they nurse.)
3. It must be said. You don't have to endure "that time of the month" for at LEAST nine months. I personally went about 21 because of nursing and they were amazing!
2. Baby wipes. I'm pretty sure I'll still keep bags lying around even after I'm done having kids...
1. No matter how many purses, necklaces, earrings, scarves, etc... you may have, a kid is THE cutest accessory you could ever hope to have. And you get compliments on it all the time.
So all in all, I think being a mom is a pretty sweet gig.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
New favorite animal: Cow. We just pull up to Nate's parents house and she points towards the pasture and goes "moo" (even though it really sounds like "boo"). So cute!!
P.S. We just got our family pictures taken today, and I have a good feeling about them! It will be a little while before she gets them edited so they will probably be ready when I get home from St. George.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Here are her kisses. Amazing.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
So my friend Sam and I were talking the other day about when kids typically start using utensils. She said she has a friend whose kid was eating with utensils by the time she was 15 months. Well Rachael has been an extremely picky eater as of late, especially when it comes to veggies. (I've attributed it to teething, which I'm sure is partly to blame.) But I figured lets try letting her "feed herself!" As you can see, we were victorious! It takes a little more time, but she ate like 10 of these little carrot pieces. Amazing! I should probably invest in some toddler forks and spoons (I'm pretty sure they're out there...) so she doesn't poke her eye out, cuz she probably would.
(The video is a little shakey cuz I was watching the kid... Sorry)
Friday, October 2, 2009
I am (mostly) loving Rachael's ability to walk. She just looks so cute! My new favorite time of day is now right after bathtime and before bedtime. Rachael is LOVING this $1 ball from Wal-Mart and will literally play with it for at least an hour. She loves to run right at us with it, then turn away and go a different direction, squeeling all the while. I've been trying to capture this adorableness, and I kinda did, but truly, it is so much cuter in person. I just love this kid! And I love that she loves to play with her daddy so much! And even though her bedtime is later than I would usually like, it really helps that she isn't fussy. I can't believe how big she is getting!