Thursday, January 8, 2009

NYC here we come!

Well here are a few pictures of our apartment in New York. These are the only two that this guy posted on craigslist.org, but they give us a pretty good idea of what we'll be living like. Long story with this apartment. My friend Rachael and her husband live on the same block as this apartment so they were sweet enough to go check it out for us. When they got there and the "landlord" found out that we have a baby, he said no way. So I e-mailed him and asked him why not. He told me that he had dealt with kids before and it just never works out. I e-mailed him back and told him that our baby is only five months old and is the best baby ever, we get compliments on her all the time. Well we got no more e-mails from him until one day we got on that said "You still need a place?" we told him yes and he upped the price about 700 bucks. Well... $2,700 is slightly out of our price range so no deal. He eventually gave in so we got an amazing one bedroom apartment on 88th street I believe. My sister and her friend and also my parents are planning on coming for a little visit so if any of you have been thinking about a new york trip, you've got a place to stay. It might be humble means, but its free. I'm so excited, a little nervous... Nate flies to NYC on friday, flies to Atlanta on monday for training, the baby and I fly to NYC on thursday, and Nate gets back to NYC on friday, which is the day we move in. I can't believe this is all happening!!



And yes... that is a 42 inch plasma. sweet.

5 comments:

Riss said...

That looks like a way nice apartment! Good luck ber!

erin said...

erin, you amaze me. you are far more daring than i am! james has wanted to move to ny SEVERAL times for internships and i always hope it doesnt happen b/c i dont want to move out there. its not that im afarid (i have tons of family that live on long island, and my parents grew up there), but such a PAIN! im so impressed you are doing it w/ a baby too! i will use you as my example when our day comes. as for this year, its just james moving to argentina, and i am coming for a visit, im not moving with him. does that make me a bad wife? actually no, b/c i have to work here still, but i still dont think id move w/ him even if i didnt have to work. GO YOU!

Melanie and Curtis said...

How exciting! It looks like a nice place to stay. Good luck!

Kristin said...

Is it already furnished? (I would imagine yes, but I didn't realize that 'til now.) That's sweet! I bet you will have some fun adventures living in NYC!

Heidi said...

Woo-hoo......it is gorgeous and I can imagine all the movies you and Nate will be watching on that big screen. Love it...good luck!!