Saturday, January 17, 2009

New York... hmmm...

So we've been in New York for two days, moved into our apartment last night, and went venturing out to some stores today. We were out and about for not even two hours and I came home completely exhausted. I don't think I quite realized how difficult this would be with a baby. We live on the third floor which means two flights of stairs. It is outrageously difficult to haul a baby, stroller, and groceries up those stairs. I think I just need to get into a groove and a routine and figure all of this stuff out!
Walking around Walgreens and the grocery store we go to called C-Town, I felt like everyone was just irritated with me and my huge stroller and my baby. This city is definately not baby friendly. And it is COLD!! Like Rexburg cold, including the Rexburg wind. I saw a woman with this kind of stroller blanket and I neeeeeed one! (FYI her stroller was a LOT more compact than mine) Part of my biggest stress today was keeping the baby warm. She had her boots on (which she is almost grown out of, of course...), long warm corderoys, a long sleeved onesie, a sweater, and a beenie, not to mention the three blankets she had on. I was still paranoid.

Money is also an issue at the present moment. Nate will get paid on the last day of the month and our rent is paid, but I just stress about money and food and all that jazz. I think we're better off than I think we are, but I can't help but freak out. I need to get used to this crazy new environment!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a change in lifestyle! You are going to be so good at getting around by the time you are done there! I'm sorry it's so cold!

Melanie and Curtis said...

What an adventure for the Russells. Way to hang in there Erin. Kiss Rachael for us!

Heidi said...

Oh Boy...a little different from Rexburg!! I'm sure you will get it all figured out. Give me a call if you need a few words of encouragement. You guys are going to do so great!!!

● C E L I N A ● said...

DON'T HATE IT! We will be there soon!