Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Update

I'm sorry I've neglected to update about Rachael, but it has been a little difficult without a camera. These come from my phone so the quality is not so good but I'm glad I have it!

Rachael has been rolling over like a MANIAC!! I rolled up a blanket and put it under her to stimulate crawiling. She liked it for a bit, then apparently her arms got tired and she face planted. She's pretty cute.


We opted to not bring a playpen out because it would cost $20 to haul it out here on the plane, so I'm planning on buying one off of craigslist that I'll just sell back before we leave. Money has been a little tight until Nate gets paid so for the first week Rachael was sleeping in a suitcase. She is too long for that so now she is just on a pillow and blankets on the floor and is able to stretch. Muuuuch better!
(P.S. Playpen is coming this week, along with an exersaucer, hopefully)

Solid foods were a New Years resolution for the babe. She has been doing fantastic! Its a little more inconvenient but its pretty fun! We are just doing it in the morning and at night until she is ready for more. This picture and video is of Nate feeding her, and she did better for him than she does for me. Go figure...



This is a picture of Nate that he had drawn while he was in Atlanta for training. I think it is pretty funny but a fantastic likeness!

5 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

look at your cutie eating! Solids are a good start to better nights and schedules. Way to go! I love the drawing of nate..what a talented artist AND the picture of Rachael in the suitcase..DARLING! Grandma H. is gonna love that!

Kristin said...

That picture of Rachael in the suitcase kills me! (So cute!) I sure hope she didn't travel on the plane that way!

Elise said...

Rachael is So Cute!! I love all the Pictures!!

Lindsey said...

Maybe you need to stop letting her roll over until I get there. That would make me happy.

erin said...

haha i love that she slept in a suitcase!