Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#3

Today's present worked out for me!
First off, I'd like to give a shout out to my amazing husband for training our daughter so well. When Nate is home, he's the one to get up with Rachael if she does get up. Sometimes she gets up at an outrageous hour, like 4 a.m., so Nate goes in and says, "Rachael, its still dark outside, all of the cows and horses are still sleeping, so you need to sleep too, ok?" So this morning Rachael woke up at 5:30. Not happening, my friend. So I took her potty and put her back into bed. "Close your eyes and go to sleep, ok?" "Mom." "What?" "Cows see-ing? Horse see-ing?" "Yep, the cows and horses are still sleeping." "Shae-shae (what she calls herself... I'll take what I can get.) see-ing." "Yep, Rachael needs to sleep." Done! She slept until 9.
Today for my present, we went to a place called Pump It Up with some girls in the ward. Its just those blow up slides and bounce houses and such. I got an AMAZING deal through groupon for it. Amazing as in 6 passes for $5. Nice. It was a lot of work for me actually, especially because Whit only slept for like 15 minutes after we got there. After we left we went to Chili's for lunch. (I actually sat in the car for like 5 minutes debating on whether or not to actually go in, or just get it to go. We went in.) The girls were amazing and so good, and the food was ok. As fun as it was go to out to eat, the REAL present I got for myself was getting the Avocado and Ranch dip. YUMMY! If you've never had it, go get it. Like right now. Its only $3, and you get it instead of the salsa. I have that ranch and the fresh chips sitting in my fridge, waiting for the girls to go to bed so I can watch Gilmore Girls and Parenthood while snacking. Best. Present. Ever.
Now Rachael is watching Cars and Whitney is still sleeping. Once she wakes up, heck, maybe I'll treat myself to a shower! How nice would THAT be!

1 comment:

Brooke Bennett said...

Yay! So glad things worked out! You deserve it!