Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#2

So today's birthday present to myself didn't go according to plan. The PLAN was to go to Kohl's and use a gift card we've had for a while to buy myself a new pair of pants or shirt or something. Well, its pretty difficult to try things on when you've got a baby strapped to your front. So I meandered around Kohls, wanting so badly to find something to buy, even if it wasn't for me! I looked for clothes for the girls, but didn't get anything because I was determined to find something matching. Nothing for Nate. Then I thought, "Ah-ha! Perfume!" Nope, nothing was on sale. Then I thought, "Ah-ha! Kitchen gadgets!" (which I love.) Nope, nothing was on sale. Then I thought, "Ah-ha! I'll buy something online!" And that is what I just tried to do. I tried to buy this beautiful maxi dress. Its exactly what I've been wanting. Neutral-ish colors so that I can wear a plethora of cardigans as a coverup, and its SUPER long so it won't hit me awkwardly at the ankle like I hate. Get this, I even found a 15% off all dresses coupon AND a 15% off your purchase coupon. SWEET! Minus the fact that the website wouldn't apply the gift card. It said it was applying it, yet my balance was still 22 bucks. No bueno. So I called customer service and spoke with a very nice man (whose native language was NOT English, so I could barely understand him... no bueno [pun intended]) who after about 20 minutes told me it was a problem with my credit card. So I hung up and tried a new card. Still no go. Lame. So I'm giving up. I tried to be nice to myself, I really did... maybe tomorrow I'll try again.

No comments: