Monday, November 7, 2011

#1

Nate is in LA this week for some training, so I'm trying to find ways to keep a positive outlook and not lose my sanity. (I would make a TERRIBLE single mother. I'm so thankful for my amazing husband!) Since this week is my "birth-week" (aka: the week leading up to my birthday, YAY!) I've decided to do one thing for myself every day. So tonight, since the girls went to be like champs, I'm taking a bath. My first bath in this apartment. I. LOVE. BATHS. Seriously. This is a picture of my dream bath (just slide a copy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, a bowl of delicious popcorn, and a big bottle of ice water, and I am SET!). However, tonight's bath will look nothing like this. For one thing, we have one the obnoxious bathrooms that the fan automatically turns on when you turn on the light. No bueno. And the tub has the sliding glass doors. No bueno. And the tub is super narrow. No bueno. But it is full of hot water (I had to fill it with ULTRA hot water about an hour ago before I put Whitney down, the plumbing in the apartment is really loud.) and I'm headed to pop a bowl of popcorn. (No, I'm not reading HP4 currently, but not from lack of desire. From a conversation I have with my mom a lot about how I should "read new things." Whatever, mom... HP still rocks my socks.)
Stay tuned for my other "ME" presents, I've got some good ones coming up that I'm REALLY excited for!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Totally crazy- I had a bath last night. It's the first one since probably when I gave birth. And it was fabulous. I'm glad you're treating yourself on your birth week! :)