Thursday, August 26, 2010

What She's Up To

(She loves going quadding!)

Well its been a while since I've done a post on Rachael's happenings, not even for her birthday! I'm a terrible mom, I know. But, since her b-day wasn't that long ago, I'll go for it now.
  • She will NOT stay in her playpen unless dad puts her down (so annoying...), but then she'll usually stay down all night! Sweet!
  • When she climbs out of bed in the mornings, she comes into our room and says, "Mom?" Pause. "Wee-ish-ee?" (Where is she?) Pretty cute.
  • She is currently sitting in her baby doll stroller saying "Nie!" which means either "Nice" or "Cute"
  • She colored on the couch yesterday with pen and got her first real punishment. Time Out. *dun dun duuuunnn*
  • She knows the sounds to a ton of her letters: A, B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, S, T, U, X, and Z. Pretty advanced for a barely two year old!
  • She randomly comes and snuggles with me, slaps my cheeks between her hands, and brings my face to her's to give me a big smooch! My favorite :)
  • She will NOT sit still to get her toenails clipped or painted (stink bug...)
  • She will also not sit still to let me teach her new things (i.e. colors and other important things)
  • If she wants to tell you something ("Woah" being the most common phrase), she will NOT stop saying it until you acknowledge it.
  • She has started screaming to get attention
  • She will not keep her hair bows/ponies in.
  • If she gets an owie, she must have it kissed.
  • I'm pretty sure her version of "Popcorn Popping" is the most adorable in the history of the universe.
  • She is constantly opening the DVD cabinet for a show, which most of the time I refuse her.
  • I think she is on her way to not taking naps anymore. (lameo)
  • Her favorite book is "Princess Tiana and the Royal Ball" and would literally read it all day long if I was up to it.
  • She calls all blankets "boo" and hides under it (she got it from "peek-a-boo"). She's not afraid of dark, enclosed spaces. She seeks them out.
  • She really is not talking a whole lot, but she understands everything so we're just gonna let her go her own pace.
  • She still loves her sippy cup, but in trying to wean her from it the only cups she'll use are my big glass ones. Go figure...
  • She is a two year old. She brings me so much joy, but also makes me want to rip my hair out at times. I love this little babycakes!

2 comments:

Stefani said...

ahaha! She sounds adorable!

Josh and Kensey said...

She is such a cutie! You need to tape her singing the popcorn popping song and put it on here! I would LOVE to see it! So about the pictures, LaRaine is pretty new to it so she hasn't really established prices or anything, but that's good cause since she's new she'll be pretty cheap right now, and she does and AMAZING job! Are you living in St. George still? She's up in salt Lake but she's down there a lot! She'd love to be able to do your family pictures, let me know if you're interested and I'll have her get a hold of you!