Sunday, August 29, 2010

Affection

So apparently Rachael has been in need of some serious affection lately. She will be scribbling away on her little note pad and will come plop in my lap and continue scribbling. She will be playing with her doll house while I'm making dinner and come squeeze my legs. Currently she is watching Bolt but keeps coming back to sit with me (while still watching, of course). If any of you have ever spent any time with this kid, you KNOW she is not starved for attention. Obviously, she is my only child, and cute to boot! But really, sometimes, I just need a break. Not a break from her cuteness when she just wants me to sit and hold her while she drinks her milk, but a break. Example: Last night she would NOT stay in her bed and would freak out every time we would try to put her back down. I finally tried to give her a time out and then put her back to bed. No go. She came back to her door, stood in the doorway with a look of complete and utter sadness on her face, saying, "Moooom, moooom!" while reaching out her hand to me. Can you say no to that after 2 hours of fighting? All she wanted was some snuggles. If you could say no, you're stronger than I am. So, she came and snuggled with us. Cute, but really, I just want her to go to bed like she used to. Bedtime is now the hardest time of day for us when it used to be bliss. Oh, and I forgot to mention she came waltzing into our room at around 6 a.m. for some more snuggles. Hence why I'm blogging at 7:30. Rachael sleeping on daddy's shoulder last weekend at Strawberry Point. It is a rare occasion when she will fall asleep on us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha cute! But that would be hard.