Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tea for TWO!!!

Well, it came and it went with a LOT of stress on my part. Rachael currently loves tea sets (she started off the day with a tea party in the tub) so I thought it would be fun to throw her a "Tea for Two" (like the year, get it??) party. All and all I feel it was a success. Here are the evening's events.
The Cake. (a.k.a. A huge piece of stress!) Long story short, don't make a cake with whipped cream and cream cheese frosting on a hot July day. It melts. Turned out cute though, but the cuteness only lasted until the pictures were over.

These cookies were delish!! A LOT of work, but really yummy!

The set-up. Girly things, such as tulle and feather boas made it extra cute. The balloons were Rachael's favorite part.

Poor kid fell asleep literally with pizza in her mouth. This was at 7 p.m. and lasted until about 7:45, just enough to give her the energy she needed to part-ay all night!

A trip outside to see the dogs play.

And the famous candle blowage. She loves fire, but wasn't too sure about all of the attention. It was almost like she loved it, but didn't want to show it...

Presents! She got quite the spread!

Her main present from mom and dad this year was a tin tea set. Yep. She loves it!

After the presents, we had a ton of left over 4th of July fireworks Nate sent off. This is Rachael under the blanket.

Honestly, I think the cake had a tougher day than anyone... Poor thing...

Next year?? I don't k now yet. but I probably won't be doing a cake like this again. Maybe a nice sheet cake :) We'll see.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Cute! I'm impressed. I think that is so cute that she loves little tea sets. I should get Lexi one. I think she would love because she loves her little kitchen and play food.

Unknown said...

Wow! That cake is SO cute! How impressive! It almost looks like Rachel was happily confused by all the partying and fun haha. Great job!

Megan Young said...

I'm really impressed with the cake and the whole theme!! Sorry, the frosting took the heat though! Looks like she had a wonderful day!