Sunday, August 1, 2010

To the princess...

Happy Birthday, Rachael!! Oh my goodness I cannot believe you are TWO ALREADY!! All day long today I've been thinking about what I was doing two years ago and it feels like it just happened yesterday. We've had our disagreements this year, but all and all I think we've had a great one. Sometimes your dad and I just sit and watch your little personality shine through, whether its you dancing to The Princess and the Frog soundtrack or hiding under a laundry basket or doodling on a post-it note with a pen (your current favorite writing utensil). You have brought so much joy into our lives, and that is an understatement. We are trying every day to be better parents, to be more patient or more understanding. As I was singing to you before putting you down tonight, I had a flashback to when you were only a couple of weeks old. I had just fed you before putting you to bed so you were just laying there, completely content while I sang you some lullabies. I remember singing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" and being overwhelmed with the responsibility I had as a parent to teach you to do the right thing, to teach you that your Heavenly Father loves you, and to help you to become the best person you could be. (I also remember your dad listening in on the baby monitor...) I hope your dad and I have done well teaching you so far in your life. We'll always be here for you as you grow and have questions to ask. We love you so much, baby face! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Megan Young said...

Oh Happy Birthday to Rachael! Wow, 2 years old! I'm afraid it's going to come faster than I'm ready for!