Thursday, March 4, 2010

Role Reversal

So... We are still unemployed... Kinda... We had some bills that needed payment, so basically I went back to my high school job, the fast food restaurant of Iceberg, and asked for my job back. Lame, and I'm kind of embarassed about it, but you do what you've got to do. I'm a manager again, so I'm paid well (ish), and I really don't work that much, just a few hours here and there whenever I'm needed. Today was one of the long shifts, 10-5, and it was a LONG day. It was extra hard for me to leave because Rachael was still asleep when I left :( Anyways, I got home and I was POOPED! I am so thankful I'm not usually a working mom cuz it is hard to be on your feet all day, then come home to a whiney, busy toddler. Boo. But Nate's been great at being a stay at home papa. It was funny to me tonight, cuz we were getting ready to get Rachael down, and Nate got all serious. He was like, "Not to offend you but..." and in my head I'm like, oh great, where is this leading? But he said, "Do you see now why sometimes I would come home from school or work and just not want to do the dishes?" I always knew that, so I said, "Yes, I do, but do you see why when you got home I wanted you to do the dishes?" Haha! Maybe this whole crappy experience is a good thing, to walk in our spouse's shoes. I really, really, really have always known that Nate works hard at school/work, but I am so thankful that he is getting a taste of my day, how its not just the hard work of chasing the babe around, but the emotional part of it. Nate was talking about going grocery shopping tonight (the last thing I wanted to do) and I said we'll just do it tomorrow and he said, "No! I want to go out tonight!" LOL! Story of my life, dude!

*sorry no pics for a while, I lost the cord to connect it. what else is new...*

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

I love this! I have only been the stay at home mom for 2 and a half months and I already get sick of going nowhere all day!! It will be great when I have to at least take kids to school or something.

Clarissa said...

(I say that now and might hate it when I get there!!!) Story of my life!

Megan said...

Been there done that. Last winter JJ worked full time and did only one class so I could focus on student teaching. Last semester, he needed to focus on school. Since Utah has decided that firing teachers is more efficient than hiring it was back to the high school standby...retail. I spent 7 months at Macy's so he could not work. It sucked!!! Oh the things we do as wives...

Kristin said...

When I got home today I made David read this post. :) (Technically I didn't "make" him... he was interested too.)

I agree with you on the role reversal being a good thing. It's always good to have a new perspective.