Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dentist

So I've read that your child's first dentist visit should be between 18 months and 2 years, so Rachael had her first visit this morning. She did SO good! I wasn't quite sure why she should go (they say so they aren't scared and they get used to going to the dentist), but was interested to see what they would do. The assistant tried to brush her teeth with flouride, that didn't go over so well (cuz I usually have to lay her down, straddle her, and pin her arms down just to brush her teeth), but when the dentist came in and put her in the chair to check her teeth she was great! She cried, obviously, but that allowed for a wide open mouth. He told me she had no cavities, strong enamel, and nice big spaces between her teeth (good for when the larger permanent teeth come in) so all in all I was very pleased with her visit.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Get him away from that baby! That is the saddest picture ever. Poor girlfriend!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie and Curtis said...

Ah, what a good sport she was. I couldn't imagine how Evey would do. I'm sure she already has cavities since she barely lets us get in her mouth. Crazy! Good job Rachael!