Friday, February 19, 2010

So Small

One of my all time favorite singers is Carrie Underwood. I just think she is SO talented and SO beautiful! With everything that has been going on in my life, this song keeps me in check when I'm feeling low. Music has always been a source of strength to me, and this song makes me cry almost every time I listen to it. (That's when you know it's a good song) Watch this music video (not my favorite, but it's still pretty good...) and read along with the lyrics I've posted and think about the areas in your life you could let slide because in the long run it really doesn't matter. My favorite part is where I've bolded the text. I think about that a lot when I'm frustrated with "just being a mom" or the place I'm at in my life and it makes me realize that I can't ever get these days back so I need to cherish them. The chorus also makes me realize that my happiness is in my own hands, it's up to me to find it. I'm trying to have a better attitude and make myself a better person so that I can be happier from day to day, because I really don't have anything to not be happy about. I am so blessed. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.



What you got if you ain't got love
The kind that you just wanna give away
It's OK to open up
Go ahead and let the light shine through
I know it's hard on a rainy day
You wanna shut the world out and just be left alone
But don't run out on your faith

Cuz sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searchin' for forever is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else... seem so small

It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river that's so wide
It swallows you whole
While you're sittin' 'round thinkin' 'bout what you can't change
And worryin' about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, movin' so fast
You better make it count cuz you can't get it back


Cuz sometimes that mountain you've been climbin' is just a grain of sand
What you've been out there searchin' for forever is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else... seem so small

2 comments:

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

I don't know why i can't see part of your page, but I enjoyed this post. I'm proud of you. I listen to this song a lot too! We need to go to a Carrie Underwood concert together. That would be awesome.

Shan and Aubs said...

thanks for your advice on the whole puppy thing. i was putting bruno's nose up to his pee after he had an accident. cuz my mom did that too with riley and jack... but from everything i have read they say not to do that...so i don't know. maybe it is tough love. ya and i don't think bruno would respond to a sticker like a two year old would...too bad!