Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachael!

My baby is ONE!! That is completely insane. Truly where has the time gone? I don't have any pictures from yesterday and today cuz I don't have pictures on this computer, but I just wanted to put down some thoughts. I just laid her down t0 bed and thought back to the first night with her. I remember lying there in the dark, Nate was asleep on his little cot thing, the nurses had left, and I was FREAKED OUT. I had held little babies before, but I had never been responsible for one. I remember wondering if the nurses were going to come in when she started to cry and help me get her to nurse or if they were going to change her diapers. No go. It was all up to me. I remember that the hospital bed was so far down from her bassinet thing, and it was ridiculous. I remember her needing the skin to skin contact and her staying so still and beautiful. I remember wondering if I was really ready. What the heck. But she was so beautiful and so perfect. I remember loving her cry. She didn't cry too often, but it was adorable. I remember being bummed than none of her carefully planned and picked outfits fit her, except the one from my friend Aubrey and another one from a girl from beauty school Ashley. I don't remember thinking forward to her first birthday and thinking what it would be like, I just remember her. This was a little piece of me, and a little piece of Nate. Amazing. I look forward to spending more time with her, my little buddy. Even though it is tough at times, I wouldn't swap my life for anything. Love you, Baby Doll!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!! I remember having the same exact feelings as you while in the hospital. I remember even asking the nurses "so...do you guys change his diapers or are we supposed to be doing it?" I can't believe it was already 6 months ago!
We miss you guys!

Stefani said...

so sweet! Happy birthday Rachel!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Aww! That was so sweet! very touching. Sure love you both! And Nate too. hehe

Heidi said...

Ohhhh - happy birthday sweet girl!!