Thursday, July 9, 2009

A frustrating refusal

So in the past, Rachael has been a VERY good eater. Not such is the case anymore. I think she is coming to the realization that I am attempting to wean her and she is not a fan. No matter what I put in front of her, it ends up on the floor or in her lap. Little pieces of ham, turkey, potatoes, peaches, broccoli, all of it goes to waste. She WILL eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, on which I smother the PB for some protein, and she'll drink whole milk out of her sippy cup, but that is it. I tried to do a turkey and cheese sandwich. No go. Agh! And she won't eat anything off of a spoon unless it is sweet so I get sneaky and mix fruits or yogurt with oatmeal. Sometimes I go so far as to tease her with pizza or whatever I'm eating and then rush a huge spoonful of healthy food into her mouth. I'm so nice...
There was one precious night that she ate some simple meatballs and tomato sauce I made for her with parmesan cheese (Nate calls this gourmet) but last night all she did was suck the cheese and sauce off and place the meat to the side (that is the little pile to the left). What a stinker!
Is it too early to start the "If you don't eat what mama makes, you don't eat at all" rule? (I'm kidding of course)

No comments: