Monday, August 10, 2009

Third First Birthday

Well we've had a busy couple of weeks. You'll notice that the title of this post is "Third First Birthday Party." That is because this was Rachael's third first birthday party. We had two while in Canada with a whole lot of my family and one last friday with Nate's. And let me tell you, I am partied out. I never knew how exhausting it was, and these parties were pretty low key! Thankfully, at the last party, Rachael's cousin Abigail was there to help with the presents :)
She enjoyed digging into her cakes, but I'm not gonna lie... it was a little anti climactic for me. I thought she would be an animal when a big pile of sugar was placed in front of her.
Awwww...
Her party theme was butterflies and this was the easiest cake in the WORLD to make. It was just a 9 inch round, cut in half with two notches cut out. Don't be too impressed. I got the idea online. It was fun and cute though!
Talk about elaborate decorations! Or not...
You may have noticed that there aren't any pictures from parties one or two. That is because we didn't have a camera in Canada (which we now have) so my dad just needs to burn me a CD of his camera's memory card. I will post though!!
Thanks to everyone who helped with the parties! Love you!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

BEAUTIFUL...I love it and I always love seeing pictures of the Russell's. Nate is shaggy....I bet Randy has pulled the razor out a couple times!!! Great Job Erin -you are an incredible Mom and I just adore you!!