Monday, August 29, 2011

Friends

Yep, I still don't have any friends here in California. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it, after all, we've only been here for two months. (That doesn't really make me feel better...) Anyways, I've been thinking about making friends, and I've come to this conclusion. Making new friends after marriage is worse, by far, than dating. Maybe not quite as awkward, but more difficult and time consuming. Example: There is this girl in our ward who I've only talked with a few times, but we clicked and had a lot to talk about. I actually refer to her as my best friend (haha, don't think I'm too weird, this girl probably doesn't even remember my name.) so I told Nate that he needs to be best friends with her husband. Nate said he just didn't "click" with her husband. Craaaaap. Then the other day after church Nate said, "I've found you a new best friend. I don't know her name, but her husband's name is _____. We talked in Elder's Quorum." "Oh yeah... I met his wife in the mother's room last week. Yeah... we didn't really click..." Craaaaap.
Now I realize you can't judge a person entirely on one conversation, and in reality, Nate is at work so much he doesn't really need a BFF. But I'm at home all day and the only interaction I get is with a speech delayed three year old and a goo goo ga ga baby. Cute, but not entirely stimulating. I've always been fairly good at making friends, I'm reasonably but not overly outgoing, but this has just been HARD, especially for us only having one car which I don't always have. Ugh, I can complain and whine until I'm blue in the face, but I just need to DO something about it. So today I sent a Google Group message to my Relief Society people to see if someone wants to go to the new Winnie the Pooh movie tomorrow, cuz I'll have the car. Hopefully someone signs up to be my friend :)

4 comments:

Stefani said...

You're awesome!

Brooke Bennett said...

Again I wish I lived closer to you. I would hang out with you a ton!!! I understand the whole he clicked/she didn't and just the opposite. Super big pain. Hope things work out with the movie!

Unknown said...

lol I miss you Erin. I would go to the Pooh movie :)

Bret and Britni said...

If we were neighbors we'd be such great best friends, Nate would kick me out! haha. I hate the "I clicked but you didn't" dilemma. Boo! You are great though, it is just a matter of time for you my lovey!