Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm losing motivation...

To bathe myself... Here's why...
The new ride.

We still just have one car. We could maybe, maybe, afford another car if we want to scrape by again every month with a car payment (Mallory the Malibu is paid off, thank goodness!) plus car insurance. But we've decided to put off getting another car until it is absolutely necessary. Very lucky for us, there is a park less than a mile away, and Rachael's school is only 1.1 miles away. Easy peasy with a bike! So we took ourselves to Costco (we're so grown up, with our own Costco memberships!), got a bike, and found a new bike trailer on craigslist. The girls LOVE it. Whitney is so good in it and falls asleep every time we go somewhere. But this bike and trailer is why I don't want to bathe anymore. In the mornings, Rach has to be at school at 8:35, the perfect time for Nate to take her before work. Then I have the morning just me and Whitters. I took a shower, got ready, all stress free, wondering what the heck Rachael was getting into. (P.S. Don't anyone take offense to this, but it is SO easy having one kid. Seriously. I remember one being hard when I was there, but holy moley, two is much more stress.) But that 2.2 miles (there and back. I can do math) in this heat and humidity is KILLER. I start sweating the moment I push the pedals down. Yuck. I hate feeling sweaty and grimey and having my hair pulled into a pony every day, but showering so much is a lot of work. Once Whitterkins is better at supporting her head, she'll be able to sit in a baby floaty and maybe we'll get home from our ride and hop right into the pool. Ahhh... that will be amazing.

Although I am loving having a low-key workout every day. Its good for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice page, keep on posting!

Bret and Britni said...

This is adorable... and such a good idea! You are one buff mama.