Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To My Baby Doll

Rachael Face,
Tonight may have been the last night I will read and sing to you before your baby sister comes, and I bawled the whole way through. I love you so much, everything. I know you'll still be here after the baby comes (your dad just reminded me of that) but our lives are going to change SO much. These last three years, its been you and me, and occasionally your dad :) You've been my little buddy. You give me squeezes and hugs whenever I want them, and even though there are times when I am SO frustrated with you, you have truly been the best first child a mother could ask for. You're my princess, my stink bug, my baby doll, my kid. I hope and pray that I can continue to give you everything you need. Not just food and clothes, but all of the love and affection you could ever need. If you ever need more love, just tell me and I will drop everything I am doing and give you a nice long cuddle. I love you so much, please be patient with me as I try to figure out this whole "two children thing." I will always, always treasure the last three years and the wonderful, AMAZING memories you have given me. I love you.

Love, Mom

6 comments:

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Tear! Love your sweet Rachael! And can't wait to meet your 2nd. Soon enough.

Stefani said...

So, so sweet. You're gonna be just fine.

Kristin said...

Are you having your baby today?? Good luck! And I LOVE the picture of Rachael sitting in the water on your last post. She often looks like a mini Erin to me!

Unknown said...

How sweet! I am getting emotional reading this post because I think that is exactly how I will feel when I have my second. Also, it seems that you are having your baby today?! Awesome! So excited to see her!

Lisa said...

that definitely brought tears to my eyes. we've been trying to get pregnant for 6 months now, and britton kindly reminded me today that i need to enjoy this time that i have alone with jake. this post confirmed that for me! im excited to see your new baby erin!

The Ruberts said...

That is exactly how I feel! You said it so perfectly. I'm so emotional already about how much will change. I just wish there was someway he could remember the time when it was just the 3 of us.