Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day.

Today technically was Mother's Day, but I'm choosing for it to not be M.D. for me. Why? I've always been one to wear my heart on my sleeve, to let my true feelings show, so here it is. Today was just one of those days that comes along every once in a while when I wonder why people constantly talk about how wonderful motherhood is, how it is such a high and noble calling, next to the angels. The day started off bad. Rachael didn't get to bed until late last night, so I knew I was going to have to wake her up for Church. I could barely drag myself out of bed due to the stress of the weekend and how dead tired I was. But, of course, I did, and everyone looked acceptable for church. She was obnoxious (lets be honest) in Sacrament meeting, my skirt was too tight across my belly, and we were both tired. Nate took her to Nursery, which took a little while, but he was successful. (Let me just interject here with my amazing husband. He truly tried and did everything he could for me today, but sometimes the disciplinary action just needs to be taken by mom, no matter what day it is. He even got me a prenatal massage. YAY!!!!!) We came home from church, ate some lunch, barely got Rachael for a nap, I took a nap, woke up to Nate starting dinner (SO good, by the way. Honey, garlic, and sage pork roast with potatoes and green beans and watermelon w/ fruit dip for dessert. YUM!!!!) The rest of the evening proceeded with the kid peeing her panties twice and pooping once, all with tantrums involved. Big tantrums. I've once again decided that I'm going to put potty training on hold for the third time because it is going to put me into early labor. (Mixed emotions about that! I want to hold this baby and be done being pregnant, but guess what... this kid is going to grow up to be a three year old too...) She hardly ate any of her dinner, has been FREAKING out about a little squishy kitty toy she lost and we can't find anywhere, got out of bed three times, just barely ending with Nate changing a poopy Pull-Up (expensive? yes, she was only wearing it for about 20 minutes.) and now she better stay in bed. I'll be better tomorrow, I just need Nate to make me a mint Oreo shake and watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy with me, then I'll be off to bed and ready to do it again tomorrow. Hope all of you other mother's had great Mother's Days and you got some sort of break, cuz Heaven knows, WE DESERVE IT!

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

haha!! Sounds like quit the day!! I just read to Mike what Nate made you for Dinner and told him that is what I expect for next! tell Nate I am impressed!!

Cortney said...

sorry you had such a rough day!! erin i think you are an amazing and incredible mom. seriously. i know rachael can be hard and i think you are way more patient than most moms out there- including me. i give you props for everything that you do. you put so much effort into being a mom and i admire you for that. not only are you a great example to your daughter who will one day appreciate everything you have done for her but you are an example to me. i wish i was there so i could help out and let you vent to me!! but i love you still!

Stefani Meyer, Ward Historian said...

you need to go read my post about mother's day last year. never fear, they won't all be like that. But be prepared, a lot of them will. And remember (s)he who is greatest among you is the least and the servant of all. That's what I got out of the talks yesterday at church (they didn't say that, it was my own interpretation)

Lisa said...

my goodness i am there with you. jake was a terd yesterday. and then i feel bad hearing about how angelic i am for being a mother when i am thinking about how i would love to throw my son out the window.

Kelli said...

I love your blog already! Thanks for letting me read it. Being a mommy is definitely trying and I think it should be Mother's day everyday we work hard enough. What is your e-mail address so I can invite you to my blog!