Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Some STG happenings...

We're having a grand ol' time here in lovely St. George. We're still waiting for Nate's job to start (hopefully sometime next week), which is taking a lot longer than expected. We're going to Vegas on Saturday for Nate to take the GMAT. Wish him luck! While he's doing that for FOUR HOURS, Rachael, my sister, Lindsey, and I will be chilling with some cousins we have in Vegas. We're so excited!!


These are two shirts I made for Rachael. I've been seeing a lot of these "pillowcase dresses" and figured they were pretty simple, so I busted these out these "pillowcase shirts" in like an hour each. And if I can sew them, you can sew them. My mom about cried when she saw that I made something with the sewing machine. The black and pink one is going to be used in her 18 month pictures. Nothing fancy, I'll probably just do them myself, but I'm so excited for her outfit!
Rachael still knows how to scowl with the best of them. Her nursery leaders were telling me how she does it all of the time. I don't believe she is trying to be mean, its just how she says hello. Today she glared at a total stranger and I said to her, "Rachael, why don't you smile at people instead?" and she turned right back to the man and shot him a smile. What a cute kid!

My little brother, Brenden, has a bird named Arnold. Rachael. Is. Obsessed. I've seriously been contemplating getting her one for Easter or Christmas or something, but the fad will probably fade out by then. Maybe when she is old enough to help take care of it. She was scared of Arnold at first, but now she will let him sit on her arm or knee (if he is in the mood, he is kind of a crazy bird). I thought this pic was so cute that Nate snapped of her! Rachael has to give Arnold a kiss every night before she will go to bed.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I LOVE THE SHIRTS!!! You are inspiring me to make some. I can see matching shirts for my girls this summer! Where did you get your pattern?

Riss said...

That's so cute about the bird!!!! It's my dream for my children to like birds.

Clarissa said...

Those shirts are WAY cute!! someday when I have a girl i will have to ask you how to make them! Good luck to Nate on his GMAT!!!

Michele said...

Those shirts are adorable. Seriously? A pillowcase?? Plus your magic touch! :) She'll look so cute! Thank goodness for young womens way back when teaching us how to sew pajama pants, huh. :)