Monday, January 11, 2010

Nuuuursery!!!

Since we're currently living at my parent's house we're obviously going to their ward. I thought I'd try to see what their policy is on toddlers coming to nursery a few weeks early, 3 weeks to be exact. (What the?? Rachael turns 18 months on the 31st!!) I didn't know how big their nursery is, cuz my brother's ward has three nurserys, preparing to split it into four (if that isn't insanity, I don't know what is). I didn't want her to just be one more kid they'd have to watch, but I was 100% positive Rachael would love it. We were standing at the door while I was talking to the Nursery Leader and Rachael HAULED into that room. I looked around me and I saw like 4 other kids screaming, not wanting their parents to leave. Not mine. She grabbed a couple of toys and plopped herself on one of those mini chairs and just smiled at the other kids. Then they pulled out a play kitchen and she moved on over, stuck Winnie the Pooh in the microwave, and started punching the numbers. During sunday school I had to go change her diaper and she did NOT want to leave that room. In between sunday school and Relief Society we went to check on her, she saw us peeking through the windows, so we went in to say hi. She came up and gave me a kiss then went right back on playing. It was so nice to get to listen in church, but the thought is so sad. Rachael is getting so big!! I love my little girl, but let me tell you, Nursery is a very inspired idea.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

sounds like it's time for another;)

Lisa said...

go rachel! my goodness you have well rounded little girl!

Kristin said...

I'm sure I would have mixed feelings about the whole thing. That's good that she went right in though. I had a child on my lap the entire time we were in Nursery. 2 usually.

And YES, our Ben Franklin project was probably the best ever. Seriously.
No wonder we went to regionals.

Clarissa said...

She is so cute!! Nice that she likes nursery! When me and Mike were in the nursery we loved the kids that would come willingly! They were so much funner and cuter!
P.S. I want to learn how to make those collage things.