Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eighteen Months Old!!


I cannot believe this. My baby is 18 months old. Seriously?? I know this is cliche, but who gave her permission to grow up so fast? Every day we find another adorable thing about her personality. Here is just a short list of the things she can do and also loves to do.
Sounds:
Cow=Moo
Dog=(this is actually her response to most "What is that" questions, but it is also the sound a dog makes. Dogs are currently her favorite animal, by far)
Sheep=Baah
Elephant= Moo with her arm lifted
Cat=the sign for cat
Fish=the sign for fish as well as a fish lipped kiss
Monkey=Oooh and scratching under her armpits
Pig=slight nose inhale with her finger pressed against her nose
Snake=Sssss
Lion=Rahr
Ball=Ball??
Duck=Duh
Dad=DAH!!
Mom=smacking of lips, but an occasional "Mom"
Santa=oh-oh
Jesus=Jee-se
Show=Bol? (in reference to Bolt, her favorite movie)

Favorite Activities:
Whenever she hears music, or we say "Rachael, Dance!" she'll shake her booty, stomp her feet, or grab mom/dad's hands and lift up her leg in a very graceful "grande battement" (I pulled that from my dance background)
Brushing her teeth. I just hand her her toothbrush when I need to do her hair. Very convenient.
"Eating" with a fork and spoon. Her days of eating nothing but yogurt are long gone. She now eats whatever we're having for dinner. It was a long road but it was so worth it.
She'll give you five, and when you ask her to "pound" it, she'll stick her index finger on your knuckles.
She loves to read with her daddy. From how he describes his reading sessions, he does a MUCH more interactive read than I do.
She love holding her baby doll, and wrapping her in her blanket.
Going to the park and going up to the slide, and going down with just a tiny bit of help
Nursery. She LOVES nursery.
She is also sleeping through the night, which we both love!
Body Parts:
Cheeks (this is my favorite cuz she grabs her cheeks and gives a cheesy grin)
Teeth
Tounge
Ears
Eyes
Hands
Toes
Feet
Elbow
Belly Button
"Poop" (I hope this will be convenient when potty training) (she just taps her bum a bit)
I know most of you won't read all of this, it is really just for my records, but I love this little girl of mine. She is so sweet, and she loves meeting new kids. On occasion, she does get a little "whiney," but hey, she is breaking her last four teeth. Thanks for being such an ideal first child, Rachael!

(Pictures courtsey of my cousin Stephanie and her hubby, Trevon. Thanks guys!!)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Pretty sure you forgot how adorable she is when she says Lindsey. I mean really, that is the most important one and yet you made no note of it. My heart hurts:) I love you Rachael!

Sam said...

It goes by way too fast!

Lisa said...

happy 1/2 birthday rachael! Jake is currently going through the yogurt only stage. good to know he will get over it.