Thursday, January 21, 2010

So thankful

I just read the blog of a friend of mine's sister in law. She doesn't even know I exist but I still continue to read her sweet blog. Six months ago today, her son was born. I believe it was less than a week later, this sweet little boy passed away from a rare heart condition. She blogs occasionally about her feelings and every time I read her posts I get all weepy. Here is the last little bit of her blog post, how could I NOT cry?
"I miss you. I know I will see you again, but that seems like eternity. Please Deyton, stay close to me, I am not ready for you to go..."
I think about her and other people I know who have lost their children and I am SO thankful. So thankful for my sweet baby girl who is growing up in front of my eyes. Even as I type this she is sitting in her high chair attempting to feed herself yogurt and kix and learning and being adorable. What would my life be without her? Last night she was up with her last tooth that is starting to poke through, laying between me and Nate, and I could see her profile in the dim light. I realize she is no longer a baby, doesn't even have any more baby fat, but she continues to bring so much joy to my life, to our marriage, to everyone around her. I'm not only thankful to have such a beautiful daughter of God to be my daughter, but I'm also so thankful that I am able to actually have children. I know of a few of my friends who have been trying but have not been able to. I know things will work out for them eventually, but I cannot imagine the pain they must feel at wanting a baby so badly, but right now is not the time for them. I am so blessed in so many areas of my life, even though at times it is stressful and scary, I am so thankful.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Whether or not you know it, this post was for me (in several ways). Thanks Erin. I love you!

Stefani said...

thank you erin, so touching and so true!

Michele said...

I am right with you on that one. Thanks for your feelings- you never know what trials are in store and it's so important to be grateful for the things you have. For the record, I cry every time I read her blog too. You have a sweet little girl and I love reading about her updates!