Friday, September 25, 2009

My little scholar

There have been countless times I have heard Rachael talking in her room. I go to see what is going on, and there she is pulling books off of her shelf. It is so adorable! She loves books more than anything. If she is being an extreme fuss bucket, all I have to do is ask her where a book is, and she'll go get one for me. She'll just plop right beside me and turn the pages, point, and say "Oooh!" Pretty cute... She also loves that her daddy reads to her every night before bedtime (minus the bedtime part). It is very important to me that she loves to read. It is just so much better for a kid than staring at a T.V. all day (although there are some days when Bolt is the only way to go). And I don't have any problem buying tons of books instead of toys that get tossed away after 10 minutes of play, if that. If you see any screaming deals on books, let me know!
This time I put her there to read, she didn't climb up there with the huge book by herself, although she probably could and would do that now!
Caught in the act!

This is my friend Lacey reading to her before bedtime.

4 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Books are great Rachael! Ella and Evey are totally on board with you! Way to go. Keep it up! Now we know what to get you Rachael for future gifts!

Lisa said...

that is so awesome Erin. It's seriously one of my biggest goals to get Jake to love books as much as I do. Way to go!

Kristin said...

I see that you have our blog address. Sorry about the mishap... and the slow response. :)

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Like mother like daughter. You bookies! I love them too.