Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Job update

Well... we hit a glitch in the job obtaining... I went in to the apartment manager's to sign the paper, then I found out that the salon doesn't have a license. In Idaho every salon has to have a license, or else you get in big big trouble with very large fines. I didn't sign the paper and went to my school to talk to Mr. Evans about it. He said I can't work there without it having a license or else (if we get caught) they could fine me 1,200 bucks or take away MY license. So I took a copy of the laws back to La Jolla and she said she would call her boss and talk to him about it. Well... I basically figured that I wouldn't be getting the job because the chances of them going through all the hassle of getting a license wasn't very good. Needless to say, that is what happened. She called me when I was in St. George and here was our conversation.
Is this Erin?
Yes.
This is blankety-blank from La Jolla Apartments. I was just calling to let you know that the stylist position has been filled.
Ok, thanks anyway.
Thanks, good bye.

I don't know what I was expecting, but her tone was just really rude and I would have liked somewhat of an explaination, even just a "we decided to not license the salon." Oh well... I guess it wasn't supposed to work out. If anyone needs a haircut or some nails, just let me know! I'm saving my money for a good cause. (All within one week in December, Nate has graduation, birthday, and Christmas. I want to get a sweet present.)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The nerve! Well... it seems like you have a good attitude about it. And it sounds like a good idea to not risk it. I do need a haircut, but do you do home visits?
Jk. :) Good luck with everything.

Lisa said...

Hey Erin, I need a hair cut and some highlites and an eyebrow wax. How about I pay for your gas and you and Rachel can come up to Washington, give me a haircut, and play with baby Jakey? :)