Friday, September 18, 2009

Jealousy and waiting

So I just need to vent for a sec. I've been feeling very jealous as of late. I've been visiting with and seeing blogs and keeping in contact with a lot of my friends from elementary school, middle school, and high school. A lot (or most) of them are married. This is not why I'm jealous (obviously, I'm married too). And quite a few of those married friends have or are currently in the process of buying a house/townhouse. I am SO jealous. I know this is the perfect time to buy with the low market prices and the $8000 tax credit, so even though I am jealous, I really am happy for them. And maybe its not the fact that they have a house, maybe its the fact that they are settling down. They know where they are going to be. Forever. I am grateful that Nate and I are moving to tons of different places and getting different experiences, but now that I have a baby I would like some stability. My mom keeps telling me in the end all of this will work out for the best, and I do know that it will. Its just hard as I'm going through it. I hate that every month we are basically throwing over $500 down the toilet (minus we have a place to live, but you know what I mean). I feel like all I do is wait. I'm waiting for Nate to be done with BYU-I. I'm waiting for him to be accepted to grad school so we know where we're going next. I'm waiting to be done with grad school. I'm waiting to move to New York/New Jersey. I'm waiting to be done with NY/NJ. I'm waiting to know when we can finally have something that is ours besides a couch set and a croc pot. Wait wait wait wait. I know I shouldn't dwell and I'm sounding so ungrateful, but its hard sometimes.

5 comments:

Stefani said...

Your mom is right. Listen to her. Also ENJOY where you're at now. If you keep WAITING to be happy, you never will be. Life is NEVER perfect, you just have to be happy in whatever circumstances you're in. Be patient, smile, enjoy!

Brenda K. said...

Hey Erin, its Brenda, Lisa's friend. I found your blog from Sam's. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I SO know exactly how you feel. I am feeling the same way! Sometimes I get excited about all the "adventures" but other times its just deflating because it never seems to end. Good luck!

Kristin said...

It's so true that the grass looks greener on the other side! I was just admiring how cute your little girl is... but then again, we've been looking at houses. (We're done with school.) I think I need to take some advice from the other commenters. :)

erin said...

erin, don't feel bad, i think we all feel that was at times. my husbands in law school and i see all these people buying fun things, but we're not. why should i be jealous of that? i shouldnt, but i am. stability is something i crave too, but i think we (all of us with husbands still in school) will look back on these times once they are over and wish we could return to them. life, though difficult sometimes, is simple. :)

Lisa said...

I know Britton's done with school but I still know very much how you feel. I think I might do a venting post as well.