Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Area Rug!

Finally, I have found an area rug. I have wanted a rug since we first got married. They are just such a great way to change a room, but they are SO pricey! One of my new favorite places to find home decor is K-Mart. It may not be the highest quality, but really, by the time I have my own house to completely decorate with "good" stuff my tastes and the styles will most likely have changed. And besides, they have an AMAZING clearance aisle. This rug retails at $99, and I only paid $40 for it. I really love it. Even though this apartment is smaller than would be ideal, I am loving putting my own touches to it. Nothing too fancy schmancy, just something. (And the rug looks good-ish with my lovely couches, even though there isn't any green in it. I'm still loving it.) It may not be a complete necessity, but it just makes me happy. Sometimes you just need a change, and if a 40 dollar area rug does it, then by golly, do it!

5 comments:

Michele said...

I'm lovin' it! It's true, we might as well get stuff cheap now because when we're all 40 and can actually afford it our styles will be a little different. Good job!! By the way I love that there is a Harry Potter theme park coming soon! I've been telling everyone about it. :)

amber said...

i love that rug, and i love your couches! lucky! :)

erin said...

i love it! i've wanted a rug forever but am still waiting, theyre too expensive. you struck it lucky with $40!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

That rug is so you! Yay for the little changes. I really like it. Your apartment looks cute.

Sam said...

Jealous. I want an area rug. Our carpet is so gross, I just want to cover it up.