Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Retraction

I am retracting my statement of how NYC is not a baby friendly city. Today as Rachael and I were going downtown to have lunch with Nate we had to go up and down quite a few flights of stairs and on and off the Subway with our new stroller (which I LOVE! I'm a real New York mom with my lightweight MacLaren stroller). The stroller is light enough that I can just pick it up and carry it up and down without too much trouble but I had at least seven people offer to help me. I very kindly refused them all because it really is not a huge issue, but I was truly touched and very much appreciated it! And then, as we were about to get on our last train Rachael decided she didn't want be confined so I took her out and folded up the stroller. My arms were full and my baby was squirming and a very nice man kindly let me have his seat (which is quite a treat when you're on the express train). Normally I would refuse because we only have two stops but I was SO thankful! The more I'm in New York and get used to how things work the more I love it.
Here is a picture of my magnificent stroller. $40 on craigslist! I really like these colors but mine is orange and grey so its still cute. And it retails at $120 so I guess I'll be ok..

1 comment:

● C E L I N A ● said...

I am glad people are friendly/you are getting around with the new stroller!

You are soooo urban