Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh today...







Well today was a very interesting day. The BIG news is that Rachael's two bottom teeth have finally poked through. She wouldn't keep her mouth still long enough for me to get a picture, but I was very excited about this!! I discovered them when she was gnawing on my fingers at the park.
This evening as Rachael was sitting in her borrowed Jumperoo watching Baby Einsteins (which happens nightly so I can eat dinner and do some dishes) she definately had a little issue... ok ok, it was a HUGE explosion. Ever since the introduction of solid foods we've definately noticed a difference in her diapers. It was so disgusting but I don't actually think of it as poop and was laughing hysterically as I was wiping her back off. She was standing (with assistance from me, obviously) and to top it off, she peed as she as standing there! That made me laugh even more. Needless to say the next thing we did was hop in the tub/sink and after a dinner of oatmeal/sweet potatoes and applesauce she is now sound asleep listening to primary songs.
I guess it wasn't really that eventful of a day, but the whole diaper explosion experience just seemed so mom-ish to me. I guess when you don't think of poop as poop, just as a mess to clean up, you really are a mom.

P.S. I can't change the layout of this post and it is driving me CRAZY!!

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Laugh!! You REALLY are a mom! I love it!!

Stefani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin said...

hahahaha so gross, but funny!

Melanie and Curtis said...

You were pretty brave to post the poo picture. I just barely cleaned up an explostion like that with Evey..all over her clothes and crib and blanket..it's great fun!