Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sad Panda

So in my family my little brother Brenden started the saying "Sad Panda" to describe a person who is sad. (At least thats what I think he meant it to mean...) Right now both me and Rachael are sad pandas. I'm a sad panda because my sister Lindsey and her friend Celina left this morning. Lindsey began toying with my emotions by debating on whether or not to stay out here through the summer. She decided not to because there are like 348752 people looking for nannying jobs in NYC and only about 18 available (she is GREAT with kids if you're looking for a nanny, tons of experience!) and she would have to get her tuition back from Dixie State. In the end it is better that she is responsible and goes to school (although she would pick up where she left off in the Fall), but it still would have been super fun.
Rachael is a sad panda because she is cutting teeth. No fun. Sleeping is bad news and wakes us multiple times in the night and the only way to console her is by nursing her. No fun. So I've decided to start giving her one, maybe two bottles of formula a day. My plan is to gradually wean her totally from nursing when we get home but we'll see how it works out.






This is Rachael with her Auntie Lindsey.

3 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Sorry you are missing your sissy! It is so sad when family leaves. I don't like that feeling. It's a good thing you won't be there forever. I love that...Sad Panda!

Stefani said...

That is the cutest picture (oh, and the girls are cute too! Lol) Glad you had fun together. Good luck on the weaning thing... that always saved my life.

● C E L I N A ● said...

I was sad she went back and forth and back and forth. THANKS for letting me stay it was sOOOOO much fun!

Ps where do you get mail out therE?