Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Day Frivolity

So I haven't posted anyhing about V-Day! I usually hate this day. I think its because I always expect too much. I've been like this since I was little. But now having a child, alI wanted this year was to go out on a date with my husband. Luckily Lindsey and Celina opted to stay in on friday night so they watched Rachael. Nate and I went on an excursion to New Jersey to go to a "jousting" tournament called "Medieval Times." I met Nate at his PwC building and he was standing there with a beautiful bouquet of daisies (my faaavorite). He is so sweet!
The meal (served on these pewter plates) was delicious. It consisted of tomato soup (good even though I don't usually like that kind of soup) delicious garlic bread, half of a roasted chicken, ONE beef rib (which was sooo good and I was sad there was only one), and for dessert an apple pastry. All eaten without cutlery. It was a pretty fun experience.

There were eight different knights and we were cheering for the black and white knight who ended up WINNNG! Our knight was the champion. Althought there was only technically about 20 seconds of actual jousting, there were a lot of horses and "knights" doing tricks and stuff. I will say the downfall of the night was when they announced everyone's birthdays/anniversaries/bachelor parties/Valentines dates (I didn't know we could do this). It seriously took like 20 minutes and I'm pretty sure Nate and I are the only ones who didn't have our names read. Oh well... It was still fun!




4 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Cute...medievel times are so magical! We're glad that you guys got to go out..way to go!

Heidi said...

I am so glad you got out and had a good time together...you two are just adorable!!

● C E L I N A ● said...

I am glad you guys had fun!

Elise said...

Fun! I loved that place and fyi our knight got second but was the cutest! just kidding. It sounds like you had a great time tho!