Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The World Today


So recently with the elections going on I've been perusing my facebook friends to see what they have to say. It makes me so sad to see what some of my very close friends from high school and middle school and even elementary school now believe. A lot of them talk of how Prop. 8 is wrong and who is the government to decide what marriage is? They get very passionate about how anyone who would vote in favor of Prop. 8 is closeminded and brainwashed. Separate church and state, they say. Well I'm all about separation of church and state, but I believe my church has taught me correct principles and regardless of what the government says or does it is my responsibility as a member of that church to uphold those principles. Some of these friends I've talked about I just want to grab by their shoulders and shake them! Weren't they sitting next to me in my Mia-Maid class talking about the importance of temple marriage? I don't recall one young woman's lesson discussing gay marriage, but I recall many about family and its importance. It truly saddens my soul deeply to see these thoughts in my friends. I only pray that by the end of the day the Lord will bless us with good leaders and good programs. Otherwise I pray for the strength to stand up for what I know to be true and good.

No comments: