Monday, November 3, 2008

School

Nate is in school. A lot. He works so hard and I am so grateful to have an amazing husband with aspirations and dreams, but sometimes I just miss him. Rachael and I are at home every day and she is either sleeping or just kicking around (literally) and I'm usually reading my book (currently Gone with the Wind). As much as I love being a stay at home mom its kinda tough. It is also hard for me because the women in my ward are for the most part all over 30 and have at least 3 kids and are busy busy busy. I get sad some days thinking about how I don't really have any friends around me to keep me company. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed by any means, just lonely at times. Rachael isn't much of an english talker so don't be surprised if I forget how to talk someday. We're still waiting to hear about NYC for this January, and even if it doesn't come through I think I would still like to move closer to town with people in my same stage of life around me. Currently we are living about 5 miles south of Rexburg in a little mobile home that I love, but I think it would be good to get back to town.

Here is a little thing I read in Gone with the Wind the other day that should make us all appreciate life a little more, even with the economy as it is.

"With the new fall of currency, prices soared again. Beef, bork and butter cost thirty-five dollars a pound, flour fourteen hundred dollars a barrel, soda one hundred dollars a pound, tea five hundred dollars a pound. warm clothing, when it was obtainable at all, had risen to such prohibitive prices that Atlanta ladies were lining their old dresses with rags and reinforcing them with newspapers to keep out the wind. Shoes cost from two hundred to eight hundred dollars a pair, depending on whether they were made of 'cardboard' or real leather. Ladies now wore gaiters made of their old wool shawls and cut up carpets. The soles were made of wood."

For those of you who don't know this book is set during the Civil War. I read that and thought our situation wasn't so bad. That and we don't have to send every single male aged 15-60 to fight a war. Not seeing my husband except for a few hours at night is better than not seeing him for 3+ years wouldn't you say?
Here is a picture of Rachael after church a few weeks ago. We thought it was so cute how her ankles were crossed! Every little thing she does brings so much joy to our lives!

No comments: