Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday. It was really weird this year because I usually look forward to my birthday for like a month but this year I only figured out that it was coming up like 3 weeks ago. I guess I just got so busy with being a mom I didn't even notice. It was a really fun night! Nate took me to Winger's (yuuuuuuuum) while his little sister, Celeste, watched Rachael. Our waiter was being slightly on the slow side and Celeste had a basketball game to play in so I ended up leaving to pick up the baby while Nate waited for his all you can eat sticky fingers. Rachael loves to go to new places and see people and things other than the ones in out little trailer. The ONE time I didn't have her headband on, someone asked me if she was a boy or a girl. I thought that was ridiculous because she was wearing purple and little ballerina slipper socks!! rrrrr...

After dinner we met our friends, Cameron and Lexie, and went to the local hangout because on thursday nights they have unlimited pool, bowling, and a movie all for 3 bucks. Can't beat that!! We also took Rachael out to Nate's family's house to have them watch her. It was fun to not have to worry about her too much, but all night I kept saying "I miss the baby!" It was a nice change, but still really weird! This picture of us playing pool was totally set up. I promise I know how to play pool (not very well...) but I just wanted a cute picture. I was very surprised by the cute look on Nate's face cuz he doesn't usually like getting his picture taken. I love him!!

This is Cameron and Lexie. Cameron has been Nate's best friend since high school and he and Lexie started dating a little while ago. She is actually from Taber Alberta which is just a little ways away from where I was born and where my famliy is! And her middle name is Nicole, too! What a co-inky-dink! They are so much fun to hang out with and I hope to hear wedding bells in the very near future :) Cardson temple anyone??

No, I don't feel any older. 22 is one of those anti-climatic years, like 14 or 17. Nate is turning 24 next month and he told me he feels like that is the last of his younger years because it is still technically in the low 20's. Next year he'll be in the mid-20's, and then its all downhill from there. haha just kidding. We're already having so much fun growing old together and I love how we're so silly with eachother. I hope someday we'll be silly old senior citizens together and don't get all boring with age.
I couldn't let a post go by without putting a picture of the baby up. She hasn't been a fan of being on her tummy lately so I've tried to twist things up. I prop her up on my boppy pillow that I use for nursing and then put a mirror in front of her. This only works for about 2 minutes, haha, but its cute for a few shots!!

2 comments:

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday my dear! I missed seeing your one your b-day this year but I was thinking about you. Rach is too cute for her own good!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

okay so I didn't reread before I posted and there are some typos...seeing you on your b-day is what I meant.