Thursday, November 6, 2008

My little indulgence



While I was in Cosmetology School I learned how to do acrylic nails. I love having my nails done but it is soo expensive! So I decided to put my skill to the ultimate test. A few weeks ago I bought an acrylic nail kit at Peerless Beauty Supply and have now started doing them on myself. I feel so much more beautiful and feminine with them on because I've always had a weird complex about my hands. So far I've had these for about a month with just filing and filling in when needed. It is really fun for me, but it does make the house smell very strong for a few hours. If you want me to give you a set I'd be happy to! I only charge $15 (because the kit was slightly pricey) which is about half of what you would pay in a salon. So far I've given a set to my sister, Lindsey. She seemed to enjoy them. And when summer hits I'm probably going to give myself a french manicure (pedicure?) on my toes! I love being a cosmetologist!

2 comments:

erin said...

i wish i had those skills! i have actually never ever EVER gotten my nails done. not even on my wedding day!

Heidi said...

Sign me up girlfriend....I LOVE getting my nails done too...but I just can't spend the money each month to keep them up!! When I am out there I would love to make an appt. with you!!! So fun...and I LOVE that you are a cosmotologist...wish I lived closer!!