Monday, November 10, 2008

Dad, thumbs, prayers, and the dinner duo



Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of Rachael and her wonderful daddy! Nate is such an amazing father and I love to see these two together! I remember one night I was trying and trying to get Rachael to sleep but she just would not! It was so frustrating that finally I just took her into Nate and basically said "Now you try." He was still in bed when I handed her to him so he laid her on his chest. I kid you not, within 10 seconds she was sleeping. At the time I didn't think too much of that (minus the fact that she was now sleeping) but looking back on it I think it is so cute! She loves here pops so much. I love her pops so much.

Rachael started sucking her thumb last thursday and it has been WONDERFUL!! Nate isn't too much of a fan because he doesnt want his children to be avid thumb suckers. I agree to some point, but not at 4 in the morning when she starts to get restless and then finds her thumb which calms her right down. Whoever invented thumb sucking was a smart, smart gal. (I'm assuming that if someone HAD invented it, it would be a mother)

Yesterday when we went to G&G Russell's house Rachael was taking a nap in Grandma's arms. She looked so sweet with her hands together and her lips puckered. She truly is a little angel!







The other day while I was preparing dinner Rachael was apparently lacking in attention so I decided to strap her in to the good ol' baby holder. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I thoroughly enjoyed having her right by me with her big eyes so interested at everything I was doing. I kept her strapped to me while we were eating and Nate kept laughing at her every second and I was sad I couldn't see her face. So, to fix that problem, I went to the bathroom and got my hand mirror and propped it up so I could enjoy the cuteness too!

2 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Too cute Erin. I thinks it's great you get so much joy out of Rachael. That is the way it should be. What a cutie pie!

Live Higher--Live Happier said...

Oh my goodness you guys are the cutest family! You always make me laugh and Rachael makes us all happy! I'm glad you are having fun with her. YOu are both great parents...those pics of Nate with Rach are precious though. I can't wait to meet her!