Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Psychic

Sometimes, I'm laying in bed, so dang tired I think it will be mere seconds before I'm drifting through Dreamland. But I don't fall asleep. Still don't... An hour passes and I'm still not asleep. How annoying, right? Right. Then, for example, last night the alarm clock goes off. Did I set it. No, I most certainly did NOT set the alarm for 12 a.m., it set itself. Needless to say it woke up my sleeping babe. Not really a big deal, all I did was feed her and put her back down. But the point of this story is to tell you that this has happened before, multiple times. Different methods were used in waking up children, being it a honking horn, a slamming door, or her waking herself up somehow. My body seems to know that it shouldn't completely shut itself down because it will just be disturbed. Freaky right? My body is most definitely psychic. I have mixed feelings about it because as precious as my sleep is to me, it does make for less enjoyable sleep if I'm yanked from REM sleep to a crying child. Whether or not I approve of my psychic body, there is nothing I can do about it.

What I REALLY want is a full night of peaceful, lovely sleep. At least 7 hours. If that dang alarm clock hadn't gone off last night I would have most likely had it. Dumb.

1 comment:

The Meachams said...

Oh man that bites! Silly alarm. Sometimes I feel like my body is psychic, then it fails me. :P