Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Beach with Brit and Bret

A few weekends ago my best best BEST friend/cousin, Britni, surprised her hubby, Bret, with a trip to Lego Land for his birthday. And lucky us, they came to stay! It was so fun! They went to Lego Land on Friday, and on Saturday we all hit the beach. Nate and I are still trying to find our "go to" beach for when family comes, and this wasn't it. It wasn't a bad beach, just not ideal. But it was, of course, still fun.
Aren't they so cute? Aww!

Aren't we so cute? Aww!

The water was too cold to get in, but Rachael liked just playing in the sand.

Whit and I just kicked it in the shade (mostly).

B and B
(feel free to steal this picture Brit, its UBER cute)

We had a few projects going on on the beach. Bret made this amazing rock tower. 20 rocks, I do believe. And don't worry, Rachael came and kicked it over about three seconds after this was taken. In fact, I think that's her shadow on the left...

Since we didn't ever put Whitney's suit on her, I made a sand baby with it. Creepy or creative? You decide.

Thanks again for coming to play, you guys, come ANY TIME! And I'm sorry if my crazy children dissuaded you from wanting children, cuz you guys will be amazing parents someday! For realsies.

1 comment:

Bret and Britni said...

Aww I LOVE this post! Good memories of just a mere month ago. I'm glad you had fun with us at your casa... because we had a BlAsT! And not to worry, your precious kidlings did not pursuade us to not want to be parentals... quite the contrary! Love your chillens (and Lassie, aka, Rachael!) love you, and love the fun times we get to have all together. Thanks for having us... count on us to come again! :). And count on me to steal these pics too! lol