Friday, October 7, 2011

Baaaargain!

So I just wanted to share about my super amazing find at the D.I. the other day.

I've know what Rachael is getting for Christmas for a long time. A pink Radio Flyer scooter, with the two wheels on the front for stability. Cute, age appropriate, and compact (convenient for both our small arpartment and the fact that we're going to St. George and don't have a ton of room in the car). I was ok with paying full price for a new one (only like $30 on Amazon), but was also on the look-out on Craigslist. Well what do I find with an $8 price tag on it at the D.I.? You guessed it! A scooter! Just take a magic eraser to it and it'll be good as new! So I was having them write up a tag for it in the back so I wouldn't have to try to hide it from Rachael while we were shopping and the {old} man writing up the ticket looked down and said, "Does that say $3? I don't' have my glasses on." Being the honest person that I am :), I said, "Nope, it says eight." The man, whose name was Reed, by the way..., said, "Eh... We'll give it to your for three."


SWEET RIGHT?!

I know, I'm stoked about it. Now I just need to get her a helmet and knee pads and we're all set.


(I won't even tell you about my amazing skirts I found there, too.

You'll be too jealous of my deal finding skills.)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go! I LOVE bargain shopping. The fact that I live within one mile of a thrift store, family dollar, and dollar tree is not necessarily a good thing! (I only buy things that are on my "list", but I have a hard time buying anything at full price anymore!)

Stefani said...

I think I need to meet Reed! That is a screamin' deal! Woo Hoo!

erin said...

nothing feels better than an awesome deal at the DI, so congrats! i am jealous of your skirt finds! i always look there, but have yet to actually get one.

Bret and Britni said...

I love Reed! and Rachael!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Send me some of your deal finding skills! It is truly a talent of yours!