Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Irvine, thus far

Well.. we made it! With no hiccups or bumps along the way! Last night was a long night so I'm just going to summarize our first week here in list form.

  • We sold our couches, and its a good thing we did because there wouldn't have been room for them
  • They didn't take my banana away at the CA agriculture checkpoint, just citrus and cherries
  • There are a LOT of Asians here. I don't know why that surprises me so much
  • Our apartment in super nice, WITH a washer/dryer, garbage disposal, AND a dishwasher. Can you say heaven?
  • I purchased my first amazing Craigslist purchase. A GORGEOUS 150 year old barnwood hutch, painted a lovely shade of red. My first piece of furniture with some character! $40!
  • Had my first hand dipped ice cream bar from Costco. GO GET ONE. Even more heavenly than my new appliances
  • I love my parents SO dang much for all of their help with this move! And I miss them even more :(
  • The California DMV is the worst place on earth, and I truly believe that.
  • I really love having my husband come home from work NOT smelling like sweat. When he worked at the nursery, he would be filthy and stinky. Now he's clean and looks good in his fancy office clothes :)
  • Our new ward is AWESOME, although I'm sad to say I don't know anyone's names because there were so so SO many people introducing themselves to us. I'm bad with names anyways, but when they're thrown at me by the dozen I'm even worse...
  • Rachael got taken out by a girl on a swing last night at our ward FHE. Her shoulder/neck hurts pretty bad, which made for my long night. We may be making our first trip to the Doctor tonight when Nate gets home.

Pictures later, I need to take care of my princess's shoulder :(

3 comments:

The Meachams said...

Sounds like you guys are having a grand 'ole time! :) Glad to hear you made it there with no hiccups. The ice cream bars from Costco ARE good! Jerem made me try one a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry to hear about Rachael. I hope she gets feeling better.

Lisa said...

I know it's a long shot, but let me know if there's a couple in your ward with the last name Astle. They have a baby named Daisy, I think she's only 10 weeks or something.

Stefani said...

Welcome to Cali. It's a great place to be!