Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thots.

So Nate said to me yesterday, "Its been a while since you've posted on your blog. Like half a month." You know its time when a man tells you to put your thoughts somewhere... So here they are, some of my thoughts. Feel free to not read this post, it may get kinda long...

Conference: Today and tomorrow is General Conference. I'm absolutely determined to listen to all four sessions. Last week in R/S I gave the lesson on "going and doing." Basically listen to what your leaders tell you (perfect! During Conference!!) then go and do it. I'm hoping and praying that I will find comfort and answers today and tomorrow.

Pregnancy: I'm slightly freaking out about this pregnancy. Not panicking, just kind of... wondering. How do I know if she is ok in there? Some of you may know that with Rachael I had to be induced a few weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. She came out and was so tiny and literally did not fit into her skin because she had basically been starving for who knows how long. (Probably a little less than a week because I was having weekly appointments by then). Just keep an eye on my ankles and if they all of the sudden get huge and swollen head on in for a urine test? I want a bunch of those little urine test strips to use at home, think they'll give me some? Also, this pregnancy has been painful!! If you ever read on Facebook that I've put myself on bedrest, I literally have. I think the majority of the problem is having a wild and crazy two-point-five year old to chase around, but there are some times when I can hardly walk. Seriously. Pain. I go to the Doctor on Monday for a check-up so of course I'll ask him, but really, what is he going to do unless he puts me on bedrest for the next two months. "Take it easy" has new meaning when you have an active toddler who you don't want trapped inside during this gorgeous weather for the next two months watching movies... And here's a tiny thought: just because you see a pregnant woman who probably looks like she's about 4 months along (AKA: me) waddling around the grocery store, try to not judge her and think, "Honey, you don't even know the meaning of the word pregnant." Because she probably does, and she's probably further along than you think, and the waddling is just a natural reaction to the pain, not just a funny way to walk to support your ginormous belly. Next time I really might get one of those motorized shopping carts, no joke. (Also, 3D ultrasound on Tuesday! We'll be getting confirmation that it is a girl and hopefully have some cute/awesome pictures to share!)

California: Our move to California is coming upon us very, very quickly. Nate has to do his background check for work 90 days before his start date, which is this week... uhh... are you kidding me?! I have to have a garage sale, pack stuff up, have a baby, adjust to baby, possibly make a road-trip to Rexburg, bless the baby, possibly head to Canada for a quick trip, then move to the strange and 97% unknown land of Irvine in 90 days? I can do it, right? Well... I have to. Nate, he has to squeeze one full size class into "Maymester," basically four hours a day, five days a week for the month of May, hold my hand (or my foot...) through labor, start his last semester, road trip to Rexburg, bless the baby, then head to Cali. Can I just thank goodness that my mom gets done with work before this baby is due? (Hopefully...) The goal is to be 100% moved out of this apartment by the last week of June. :S

Clutter: My motivation to clean my house is zero, nil, non existent, out the window. Why? I don't know, but there is clutter everywhere. Some families in our ward are planning on doing a Yard Sale with us in two weeks from today, so as I slowly go through things (and make bows, both for my girls and to sell at the Yard Sale to earn myself some moolah to buy an amazing new diaper bag) I just don't want to clean up the mess. The corner of Rachael's room is piling up with old toys, board games, clothes... ridiculous amounts of stuff. It will feel SO GOOD when it is done, but for now, these two weeks will just have to be ultra clutter-y.

I know some of you want pictures, and I promise to post some soon, like really soon. Even one of my belly, even though it ain't much to look at... :)

1 comment:

Shauntel said...

Oh hey, it's Riss' big sister. I know, totally random. :)

So I'm on pregnancy #2 and had pre-eclampsia (and was induced two weeks early) with the first as well. I just wanted to mention that my doctor told me after I had Annabelle that pre-eclampsia (or pregnancy induced hypertension) are more common with first pregnancies, but not with subsequent. (Fingers crossed for both of us!)

Also, you can buy a blood pressure cuff at the store and monitor your blood pressure at home. If it randomly starts spiking (and you're completely bloated as well), THEN you might want to call your doc. Other than that, I bet you'll be totally fine! Well, in pain and totally uncomfortable, but fine! :)

(And yes, this pregnancy makes me feel like I've been beaten every day. I say we blame it on the toddlers. :) )