Monday, April 25, 2011

Payless? or PayMORE!!

This is going to be a completely useless, venting post that no one really cares about. Enjoy :)

Spring has sprung 'round these parts (finally) and with it has come sandals. Bust 'em out and paint those toenails!! But, just like last year, I am really struggling finding Rachael a pair of cute sandals that she can run and frolic in, yet still look outrageously adorable. I've already bought and returned three dang pairs in the last week. This one isn't long enough, but if I go a size bigger they'll flop around. This one is too high, she'll break her dang ankle! This one is a good length, but its too loose because it was made for a foot with something other than skin on it. UGH. So frustrating!! I took a quick pop into Payless Shoes today and found a beautiful, super ultra cute pair for Rachael AND for myself. And heck, its BOGO (buy one get one 50% off. My accountant of a husband has pointed out to me on numerous occasions how that is technically just 25% off each pair, which doesn't sound nearly as cool. They really know how to trap us women) AND my sister sent me an extra 20% off coupon, so SWEET! Then I looked at the prices. (Ok, I definitely looked at the prices first, but it sounds better for the story)

Aren't these SO CUTE?!?! Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with them! I'd totally be willing to pay $15 for a cute pair of summer sandals. NEGATIVE. TWENTY FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS. For what? Three skinny pieces of fake leather, a hard plastic sole, and some buttons that will probably fall off? I'm so annoyed. Just because they're "American Eagle," like that even means anything. Ugh.

But wait, it gets better.

I know, right? SO CUTE!! Those flowers are jewels, and Rachael loves the bling bling, velcro sides, no toe thing which really hurts her feet, cute for play or even for the occasional church day. I really do love them. AND Payless comes in half sizes, so maybe I can even get them to last through the summer. TWENTY DOLLARS. Even worst than my $25 shoes, cuz they're half the size! How ridiculously annoying. I was paying $15 for the shoes I returned to Sears. Even more annoying is that I'm probably going to buy them. Last year I waited and waited and waited to buy her a pair of sandals and stressed myself to no end, but this year I'm just going to do it. Even though it goes against every bone in my "Bargain Shopper" body. Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

*Note: I will NOT be getting myself those adorable sandals, a girl can only lower her bargain standards so far. Plus, I've been very, very good at not buying myself "post pregnancy" clothes, because when we get to California and Nate gets his sign on bonus, I'm definitely going to hit those amazing malls, still bargaining along :) *

4 comments:

amber said...

Oh man, I hate how expensive kids shoes are! But at least they are super cute I guess! :)

Stefani said...

I always tell myself that it doesn't matter how much they cost, if you use them and wear them and love them they would be worth double the cost. At the same time, I HATE getting a bargain on something (even an amazing one) and hating the item. I'm always (and forever) so mad that I paid even a couple of bucks. It just irks me so bad that I can hardly get over it.

Kristin said...

We care. Don't you worry! (Keep writing!) WAY cute shoes too.

Unknown said...

I remember your sandal dilemma last year! Yes, I now share your pain as I am now a mother to a little girl. And I'm sure it gets harder as they get older.