Sunday, September 19, 2010

Strange Child...

This is a picture of dinner the other night. Spaghetti Pie and broccoli (and juice). Which bowl is empty? Yep, the broccoli bowl. Rachael. Loves. Vegetables. A lot. Seriously, this kid is a veggie eater like no other. If she had her way, she'd eat broccoli and green peppers ALL DAY LONG. The other night I made chicken caeser salad wrapped in a home made pita bread wrap. Delicious right? Right, its my new favorite (I love anything caeser salad). Rachael ate all of the lettuce. Not the cheese, not the chicken, not even the delicious wrap. Just the lettuce. Tonight I made AMAZING sweet and spicy pork tacos. Rachael picked out all of the iceberg lettuce, ate a few slices of green peppers, and was done. No pork, no cheese, no tortilla. And she finished off her meal with a nice heap of... iceberg lettuce, plain (and some green grapes, what's with the green??). Seriously weird. Not bad, and I'm not complaining, just weird.

(On a side note, Nate and I both hate tomatoes (we've tried them, we just can't do it.) but we want our children to like them because they're so good for you. Rachael wants nothing to do with them. I also hate, hate, hate beans (except for green beans and jelly beans). This nutritionist we went to told me to try a bean dip for Rachael so she could get iron and protein and stuff. I only gagged twice while I was making it (seriously) and Rachael put the chip and dip in her mouth, gagged, and pulled it out. No bueno. She really is my child, as Nate keeps reminding me.)

4 comments:

Stefani said...

it's funny how they are YOUR child when they are doing something undesirable, hee!

That is a funny story. I wished my kids liked veggies more. Weirdly enough though, Brady likes vegetables more than fruit. That is something I can't figure out.

Amiee said...

Kyla is the same way! She always picks the cucumbers over ice cream. Her favorite food is tomatoes and loves all veggies! Tayven on the other hand isn't a big veggies eater and will definitely take the ice cream over the cucumbers. :)

Melanie and Curtis said...

That is hilarious! What a blessing for her to love "green veggies". Keep it up Rachael!

ailinh said...

That is too funny. Rachael is a doll. And she gets the from her mother also! ;)