Monday, September 6, 2010

Camping!

Camping this weekend was tons of fun! We got up to my parent's trailer on Friday afternoon, and long story short, my parents had left their trailer in a sweet spot (totally allowed) and some bums came and parked THEIR trailers and four wheelers all around it. So annoying. Anyways, my brother came up and found a spot and we all set up camp. Nate, Rachael, and I stayed Friday night and Sunday night but not Saturday cuz Nate had homework to do, lameo. It was nice to get a break and a bath though :)
Here is my cute hubby settin' up the tent. My dad was shocked when he found out we didn't even have an air mattress to sleep on. Yeah, we roughed it. It was Nate's first time camping this summer so he had fun starting fires w/OUT matches, reading, and going on the four wheelers.

On Saturday we went to Bryce Canyon, so beautiful!

Rachael and Liam. About 30 seconds after this was taken Rachael was on the other side of this barricade. Ugh! The stinker. She literally doesn't stay still for more than 10 seconds.

We also went on a spur of the moment 1.3 mile hike. Our little family had half a bottle of powerade, Shane and Laura had one bottle of water, the Morgan's had a big bottle of water, and my poor parents had didilly squat. Good thing I had some gum to share :) Nate went temporarily insane and had Rachael on his shoulders the whole time, and even practically ran the whole way out. No thank you, I walked and almost died.

Then we got some ice cream with Curt and Mel's family. This is Rachael rubbing her belly saying, "Mmmm!!"

Back at camp, Rachael and Liam had a sand throwing war. Her tub that night was seriously dark brown when she was through. The next day my sister in law, Laura, told me Liam started playing in the sand and she told him not to throw it and he said, "Yeah, no no, Rachael, no dump," because she literally was dumping buckets of sand on his head. Poor Liam was still camping and didn't get a bath, just a hose down :)

This was the only shot I could get of her filth, and it doesn't even do it justice.

It was a great weekend, and it is SO much nicer camping with Nate, especially when Rachael wouldn't stop crying for like 30 minutes last night and I could ask him to get me stuff. What an adventure :)

2 comments:

Bret and Britni said...

That picture of Rachael rubbing her belly with that icecream in hand makes me so happy with sillyness! She's a goober, I just love that silly girl!

Michele said...

Poor little guy getting buckets of sand on his head! She is quite the character isn't she. :) I love it!