Sunday, August 23, 2009

Camping in Canada

Here is a hodge podge of pictures from Canada. The majority of our time was spent camping on my parents property (the name of the property is to be determined). My parents had their trailer and my auntie Brenda left hers up there for us to stay in. It all worked out well until the last night when Rachael stayed up until 5 in the morning and a mouse broke in. No fun. Anyways... enjoy!

Here are my cute parents standing in front of Old Chief. It has been their life long dream to own property near where they grew up.

Rachael loved driving Grandpa's truck up to the campsite.



Sharing a plum on a chilly night

Nate, my mom, sister, and I played a LOT of cards. Canasta to be exact. Nate and I lost every time. Don't talk to me about it...

We took a side trip to Glacier National Park (the U.S. side of Waterton) with my dad

A beautiful morning with clouds around the Chief

Rachael just chillin' in a field

The river was cold but the day was hot so Rachael was a good sport

One of Rachael's (and our) favorite things to do was go quadding.
Not so sure about the river at first...

The view


Our first morning up there. Old Chief looks SO far away in this picture, in reality it is only like 5 miles away. Amazing view!
We did other stuff in Canada, posts to come. I love going to Canada and hope to let all my kids make tons of memories up there like I have. It will be easy with G&G's property. Stay tuned for more pictures!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Old Chief looks familiar but I had never heard of it till now...it looks like you guys had a blast though, isn't it hard coming back from vacations?

Melanie and Curtis said...

Great pics guys! I love the one of Rachael grinning her head off while driving! What a sweetheart!

Stefani said...

cute pics! we love old chief!